Monday, March 1, 2010

Keeping Up With The Kardashians

Today was rather a uneventful day except for the fact that when I got home from the market I sat on the couch and started watching "Keeping Up With The Kardashians". I do not regularly watch this program, however, as most reality T.V. can do ... it drew me in. The episode I was watching was when the family went to Las Vegas for Kim's birthday and Scott, Kourtney's baby daddy, got stinkin' drunk and basically made a complete ass out of himself by shoving a $100 bill down the throat of a waiter who was serving the family dinner and drinks at a posh restaurant. Once again, this is when I wish that someone from the hood had been present to step in and kick this little pansy's ass. If I could give this girl any advice whatsoever, I would tell her to listen to her mother, (even though the mom is a piece of work herself), the saddest part of this story is that Kourtney, beautiful as she is, is unbelievably co-dependent and I just know that she was thinking that if she got herself knocked up, accidentally-on-purpose, then maybe, just maybe, she could turn her loser boyfriend into a MAN. NOT. This is NEVER the way to do anything. First of all, this guy is only 26 years old. In MAN years, he's still a puppy. She's 30. She's ready to be a wife and a mother and she picked a first class loser. Now, she's brought a little baby into the world and has to deal with this douche bag for the rest of her life ... and you KNOW that at some point this girl is going to WAKE UP AND GET IT and kick his ass to the curb ... but he'll ALWAYS be in her life. Forever, and ever and ever. Personally, I'd rather listen to gangsta rap every day for the rest of my life than have to deal with that moron.


Sunday I went to Borders to do my favorite thing ... drink coffee and pick out a few good books to read and just be all by myself. This to me is HEAVEN. Coffee, books, solitude. HOWEVER, my reverie was rudely interrupted as I had to listen to two 20-somethings yap yap yap not only to each other but listen to the both of them make phone calls for an hour WHEN I'M TRYING TO F-ING READ!!!!!! They were annoying not only me, but to every other person who was trying to do the same thing. THERE SHOULD BE RULES!!!! Remember back in the olden days when people had MANNERS? When you went to a library or a hospital or anywhere public you kept your voice down ... IF you even spoke at all. There was a sense of respect for the other people around you. Sadly, we no longer live in a civilized world and this kind of behavior goes on all the time. And it's not like they're were talking quietly. NO. They were loud and obnoxious.

GIRL NO. 1: NAH, SHE AIN'T ALL THAT. I MEAN SHE'S AN OKAY LOOKING WHITE CHICK AND ALL BUT PERSONALLY, I DON'T THINK SHE'S ALL THAT GOOD LOOKING AT ALL!!!


GIRL NO. 2: YOU'RE CRAZY GIRL. SHE'S BEAUTIFUL. LOOK AT HER EYES .. I LOVE HER MAKE UP AND I THAT DRESS IS AWESOME!!!

GIRL NO. 1: YEAH ... I'D TOTALLY WEAR THAT DRESS BUT IT DOESN'T LOOK GOOD ON HER!!

GIRL NO. 2: HEY ... YOU'RE GONNA GO SATURDAY AREN'T YOU?! DON'T BE ALL BACKING OUT ON ME BITCH!!!

GIRL NO. 1: IF I WANNA BACK OUT I'MONA BACK OUT BITCH! DON'T BE ALL TELLING ME WHAT TO DO!

GIRL NO. 2: GIRL DON'T BE LIKE THAT ... I TOLD HIM YOU WERE GONNA BE THERE FOR SURE!!! YOU'RE GONNA MAKE ME LOOK BAD!!


... and it went ON AND ON AND ON. OMG! I wanted to go right up to the both of them and shove each of my fists right down their throats! And the good people sitting around these two morons are just sitting quietly, trying to tolerate it all and wishing that they too, could shove a fist in their respective mouths.

With the advent of cell phones and the ability to communicate CONSTANTLY, I think someone needs to come up with some serious rules of etiquette and then pass a couple of laws that would fine morons like that. Either that, or make it legal to punch someone in the face when they're yap, yap, yapping like a pair of
F-ing chihuahuas!

...and that's all I have to say about that.

6 comments:

  1. ...what else did they say? Girl #1 and Girl #2's conversation is intriguing...(insert sarcasm) DAMN!...wish you could of heard the whole thing.
    I have been saying this for years. People think they are the ONLY ONES ON THE PLANET!, therefore, they can do whatever, say whatever, go wherever and act however they want....this is why I don't carry a gun....seriously!
    bun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie!!! How are ya'? Though I don't watch this show and can't comment on what you wrote, I can say that your style is great!!! Keep writing DEBBIE! And thank you for coming by to wish us a happy anniversary! Wasn't Ruben's tribute fabulous? He wrote that song years ago while we lived in Mass. but pulled it out and revised it a bit; he also used it on the acknowledgement page in his doctoral thesis! It makes me cry every time....hey, we might be out in California this summer and we must get together with Marie and Bunny! WE BOTH are dying to see all of you!!! More details later....

    Bisous, Anita

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got one for you: why do women talk on their cellphone when in a public restroom.. while in a stall.. peeing??
    Sister-Friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie
    Whatever happened to manners? No kidding. I know that kids will be kids in any culture and time period, but just when did they become so rude and moronic as a whole culture?

    If you were to ask those girls to please be more quiet because after all there are other people on planet earth too with lives and feelings, you can be sure that they'd call you "bitch" for being so rude to them.

    Well since you know they are going be defensive and resistant no matter what you say, maybe it's OK to go ahead and just say something politically incorrect like,

    "Excuse me, but you're being a pile. Could you kindly shut your pie holes, so the rest of us who thought we came to one of the last bastions of intelligence on earth (a book store) don't have to hear the raving babblings of fools?"

    Nah. I don't think that would fly.

    Ruben

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was so funny!! I know what you mean ....Don't you wish you could have said something to them!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie--can I just tell you that I love you!!?? Of course, not in THAT way...but I adore you, laugh my head off at your comments, love/hate everyone that you do!! I think that you might be my sister--the one I never had! I have lusted for Viggo for 6 years now, and everyone, including my husband, knows about it. We joke about one day putting a picture of Viggo on our bedroom ceiling. I am also a movie junkie and ex mental-health professional. I hate Dr. Laura. I am a certifed potty-mouth because nothing feels as good as a rant with as many expletives as possible, for maximum empowerment or rehearsal of potential dialogue. Thank you, thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

GO ON, TELL ME WHAT YOU REALLY THINK ...

IT'S OSCAR NIGHT!!!

  Hollywood's big night has arrived!  I've seen a few of the nominated movies.  Barbie - don't know why it was nominated; Americ...