Skip to main content

THE VIGGO CHRONICLES (Part VIII)


He was quiet for a long time.  

I could almost see his brain ticking away one thought after another trying to make sense of what I'd just said, recalling the many "coincidences" of our odd relationship and trying to put the pieces together.  Comparing one meeting to the next, the timing of each encounter ... the fact that whenever he was at the library, I was at the library ... thinking, pondering, questioning ... the facts vs. the insanity of it all.  As I watched him weigh all of it I felt deep remorse for what I had so selfishly done out of love. 

He was understandably confused.  

"How?"  he asked me just above a whisper.

"I wanted you."  I said barely above a whisper myself.  

"You wanted me?"  There was a bite in his words.  


"Yes."  I felt so stupid.  "I'm so sorry.  I never meant to hurt you.  That is the last thing I would ever want to do.  Please believe me."


He was quiet.  I panicked.  I began talking, rambling, trying to explain the absolutely unexplainable.  Hoping against hope that he would understand.  I was desperate. 


"I didn't know I was doing it!" I cried "I didn't!  I just thought it was an amazing coincidence but then it kept happening and it seemed so natural that I didn't question it and then it somehow became normal ... I can't explain it!  I thought it was the ether.  I didn't question it until you said those words and it broke the spell.  That's why I had to tell you.  Don't you understand?  I know I love you, but I don't know if your feelings for me are real, even though you may believe they are.  I wanted you to know so that you could choose or decide or whatever, on your own to be with me or not.  Don't you see?  If I didn't care I wouldn't have told you.  I want you to love me for real and the only way I can know that you do is to tell you everything even though I could lose you because of it."


 After what seemed like an eternity he finally spoke.  "I can't think right now" he said.  "I need to ... I have to go.  ... I can't deal with this."  He got up.  He did not look at me.  I heard myself call out "Viggo!  Please!  I'm sorry!"


My words hung in the air as I watched him walk away from me ... I watched, until finally, he faded into the mist and disappeared.  My heart broke.  Like a piece of cellophane consumed by a flame I felt my entire being crumple and curl until there was no more of me left. 

(... to be continued)

Comments

  1. to be continued...
    have to get a drink, I will be right back, save my seat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully painful, that exquisite fear of what can potentially by lost. But always that sliver of hope that love will conquer all. What will you write next my dear big sister???
    Love,
    Sister-Friend

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

GO ON, TELL ME WHAT YOU REALLY THINK ...

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

An Ode to Viggo
Who knows where or when my love for you began it took me by surprise and filled up my whole life
Some laughed and called me mad but I knew that was sad for love cannot be mocked and Viggo, my world rocked
I've seen his every film, his songs, his poems and still I love him more each day and that's how it will stay  for in my dreams he lives
Each step through ether's door we meet forever more and so shall it remain until my life should wane
- Signed Debbie Nunez Mortensen :) (yes, I know I'm weird)






























DANNYLAND ...

Danny has this disgusting habit of brushing his teeth and then rinsing his toothbrush and leaving it ALL WET in the toothbrush thing.  (See photo below.  A roll of toilet paper he sets on the counter like a cup and then sticks his toothbrush in the middle of it) ... what a genius huh?

The point?  Adisgusting, wet toothbrush will collect bacteria and mosquitoes and it's disgusting and filthy.  It drives me crazy.  Does he stop?  NO.  


What you're supposed to do is brush, rinse with HOT water and then DRY THE BRUSH THOROUGHLY ... THEN put it in the toothbrush thing.  IT'S NOT THAT HARD.

And how hard is it to take the yogurt OUT of the plastic bag?


God forbid he break a sweat. 

 Also, he never EVER closes a drawer, a cabinet, or a door ... EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Don't you HATE when your husband makes hamburgers ...




*sigh* ... my life.

OSCARS BEST AND WORST ...

Well, for some unknown reason I was unable to get E! Live on the Red Carpet!  I called the cable company, I unplugged the t.v. to reboot it ... NOTHING.  SO, I had to go with Channel 7's coverage which is NOT NEARLY AS IN DEPTH as E!  Needless to say Mama was pissed. 

So, with that in mind ... let's get started!


Alicia Vikander.  Beautiful!  She looks very young and sweet and elegant.  Love the color of this gown .... Grade:  A


Jennifer Lawrence.  BEAUTIFUL!  Love the hair, love the make up, love the the gown.  WINNER WINNER WINNER!!!  Grade:  A++


Brie Larson.  I'm not really feeling this gown.  The color is beautiful but the belt and the bling and the ruffles and the pleats ... there's a lot going on here.  Grade:  C



Nice guy Dave Grohl and wife.  Class Couple!  Love her dress and earrings ... very pretty. Dave .... it's the ACADEMY AWARDS .... a traditional tux would have worked much better and you would have looked SO HANDSOME.  Wife Grade:  A, Dave's Grade:…