Sunday, May 17, 2020

THE MAGIC OF BACON ...

So, every weekend my husband tries to get me to make what he calls "a country breakfast" which consists of eggs over easy, BACON and papas (potatoes). As a reminder he placed three very large potatoes on the kitchen counter ... waiting for me to wash/peel/slice and cook.  I told him if he bought me a Cuisinart I would make him potatoes every weekend. 

So, I decided to make him his "country breakfast."  Got the potatoes cooking, and I pulled the bacon out of the frig and took a whiff just to make sure the bacon was still ok.  It wasn't.  It was bad.  Had the ugly sour smell.  So I tell him ...

Me:  Danny ... the bacon is bad.

Danny:  What's the date on it?

Me:  It's bad.  Trust me.  


Pause.


Me:  I'll make it if you go get some.


Danny ... He IMMEDIATELY goes upstairs, puts on clothes, and goes to the ACME store to purchase bacon.  It is astonishing how quickly this man will move when it concerns BACON.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

GO ON, TELL ME WHAT YOU REALLY THINK ...

SHORT AND SWEET .. THE WHITE HOUSE DINNER and other current events ...

  Jeff Bezos and Lauren Sanchez at White House dinner.     Hun, this tacky rag might work at the Golden Globes (and even then it would be co...