Sunday, February 24, 2019

2019 OSCAR TIME!!!!

Here we gooooooooo!

BEST PICTURE OF 2019 - GREEN BOOK!!!!!


Adam Driver and Joanne Trucker.  Cutest couple.  I love her look.  Very chic.


Allison Janey - Very chic in black however this look does not excite me.  I love you Allison but I have to give you a C.




Amanda Stenberg - I love the 20's vibe she has going!  Love the hair, love the gown, love the jewels - Grade:  A+


Amy Adams - I enlarged this photo because you can see the detail on the dress much better.  I think this is quite beautiful and she looks very Oscar worthy.  Grade:  A+


Amy Pohler - Very chic!  Grade: A-


Angela Bassett - This is also a very Oscar looking gown and it's a pretty fuscia, but I don't like that thing on the shoulder and it's a little wrinkly.  Grade:  C-


Awkwafina - This does not fit at all!  It adds weight to her middle and looks too tight.  The bag is silver and looks like my traveling make up bag, the bow is silver, bottom line ... it's too much silver.  Grade:  F-


Ashley Graham - VA VA VOOM!!!  Perfection!  Gorgeous silhouette, beautiful necklace, the hair and makeup, again perfection.  Grade:  A+  WINNER WINNER WINNER


 Billy Porter - don't know who he is, but I find this strangely sexy.  Grade:  A


Alison Brie - Mhmmm.  Not feeling the neckline.  It's too long (if that makes sense).  Pretty leg, nice shoe, but I'm not feeling it.  Grade:  D


Charlize Theron - GORGEOUS.  I'm getting a very 30's feel with this gown.  The  cuffs, the bracelets on each wrist, the necklace, her hair and makeup are perfection.  However, the black earrings are a miss.  Grade:  A-


Constance Wu - Very feminine and Oscar worthy.  A definite winner!  Grade:  A+


Diane Warren - The pants and shoes make me think of Elvis circa 1970.  The jacket, dog tag, CHAIN, and turtleneck make me think of a dangerous Rottweiler who got off the leash.  Grade:  Double F-


Elsie Fisher - I cannot tell you how I hate the high-water pant look.  You're at the Academy Awards WEAR A DRESS.  Very pretty girl and a very talented actress however she is very young and someone did not advise her correctly.  Grade:  C

 

Emilia Clarke - Not feeling this dress.  It misses somehow.  Don't like that flap on the right.  She looks nice.  Hair and make up is good but, for me it falls flat.  Grade  C+


Emma Stone - When you enlarge the picture you can see the detail.  Not sure how I feel about the wings.  The color of the dress and her hair and her make-up all match.  It's all very brown.  I'll give her a Grade:  B (for brown).
 

Gemma Chan - As a fat lady I am LOVING this gown.  Gorgeous shade of pink with pockets!  It's basically a fancy moo-moo which is right up my alley.  An Oscar dress where your junk can hang out and no one knows it.  Grade:  B


Giuliana Rancic - the only human living cadaver.  I'm getting a very Audrey Hepburn feel.  Love the shoes and the ballerina style skirt.  The halter and lace top, mmmm, not sure.  She definitely could have used some more filler (not in her face, IN HER ARMS).  Grade:  C+


Glenn Close - Girlfriend definitely knows she is going to win the Oscar, hence the gold gown, but there is just way too much fabric going on here.  Hair and makeup are beautiful but the miles and miles of fabric take away from her.  Grade:  D


Helen Mirren - OK, hear me out.  I know she is a lady of a certain age, but this gown is actually too mature for her.  She can look a lot sexier than this because I've seen her do it.  This is for me, a very 1960's type of gown.  Grade:  D


Holland Taylor - VERY chic and hip.  LOVE IT.  This is how a lady of a certain age nails it!  Grade:  A


J. Lo - Please see Molly Sims below.  THAT is how you do a skin tight silver gown.  Grade:  F- (because I hate her.)

 

Molly Sims - THIS is how you do it Jenny.  Grade:  A+


Jason Momoa and Lisa Bonet.  Jason, looking very scraggly, chose to wear the tux he wore to prom, and Lisa looked too funky for words.  You've got some lavender at the neck and shoulders, netting in pink down the bodice, a cheap looking skirt, shoes that look like boots, tats and a look that is an all around mess.  Grade:  F-



Jennifer Hudson - Looking very beautiful.  She actually wears this dress very well.  Grade:  A


Jennifer Lewis - In the 80's I had a belt made out of this fabric ... not a whole outfit.  That should tell you something.  Grade:  D


Kasey Musgraves - Pretty in Pink, but just looking at this dress makes me itchy!  Grade:  D-


Lady GaGa - Mhmmm .... Not feeling it.  It's too "what you should wear to the Oscars if you get nominated for best actress in 1955" .... lose the gloves, the pointy things at the hip are totally unnecessary, not feeling the hair.  It just misses in a big way.  Grade:  D



Laura Marano - A pink and yellow explosion of a mess with a HUGE bow in the back and a mermaid green bag.  Grade: F-


 Laura Harring - She is SO PRETTY!  Love the gown but I don't like that necklace.  Grade:  A-


Linda Cardellini - This is a beautiful shade of pink but I HATE the short skirt, long skirt look.  This looks like a fancy peignoi robe with a pair of black Payless pumps.  NO.  Grade:  C-
 

Maya Rudolph - A shower curtain does not a gown make.  Grade:  F-


 Rachel Weiss - Is that pleather?  Grade:  D-  





Melissa McCarthy - Looking very pretty.  Love it!  Grade:  B



Michelle Yeoh - BEAUTIFUL!  Grade:  A

  
Pharrell Williams and wife:  Couldn't make up your mind Pharrell?  Boy Scout or G.I. Joe?




Regina King - The only thing I do not like are the pumps.  A strappy shoe would have looked much better.  Grade:  A-

\

Sarah Paulson - This thing looks completely unfinished.  It's a gorgeous color and the necklace is beautiful but the dress is a total mess.  It looks like a parachute and makes her look like she has no shoulders.  Grade:  F-


Renee Bargh - This is beautiful!  I don't know who this lady is, but I think this is one of the best looks of the night!  Gorgeous!  Grade:  AAAA++++



Sam Elliott and Katherine Ross - Cutest Couple. HE IS STILL A SEXY FOX!  And she still has a waist. 


Sandy Powell - I always find it so interesting that designers have absolutely no taste when it comes to dressing themselves.  Grade:  K for KOOKY.


 Spike Lee channeling the Purple People Eater (those of you born after the 1980's won't get it).  


Tessa Thompson - So pretty.  This photographed beautifully.  


Tina Fey - as always ... BORRRRRRRRRRRRING.


 Trudie Styler - gorgeous.  Grade:  A+


Viggo Mortensen - still a handsome devil.  BUT HE BROUGHT HER!  I couldn't believe it!



Willem Dafoe - tribute to him because his brother, Dr. Donald Dafoe, did my daughter's kidney transplant.  


 Zuri Hall - I LOVE this gown!  Love the color!  Everything!  Her hair and  makeup - perfection! GORGEOUS!  Grade:  A


Maria Menonous - LOVE HER!  I love her hair!  The dress is yellow with a splotch of white, as if bleach was splashed on the skirt.  Also, she has tits I'd die for! 
Grade:  B-


Marie Kondo - Looking very tidy.



And there you have it ladies and germs.  Until next year ... au revoir!




2 comments:

  1. Allison Janney bores me in every single way possible.
    I lurved Amanda Stenberg.
    Amy Adams is one-note and that note is most often flat.
    Amy Pohler looked far too severe. That closed up neck made it hard for me to breathe!
    Angela Bassett is gorgeous and I loved her dress, though, yeah, the wrinkles.
    Awkwafina. Yas, it was a bad fit, and a bad color.
    Ashley Graham. This year's Sofia Vergara?
    Billy Porter is a Broadway actor-singer and is on the FX show Pose and he rocked this look. I loved it. Sexy fits it.
    Alison Brie I liked, though for a hot minute I thought she was Margot Robie!
    Charlize looked hot, but I wish the color had been bolder. Baby Room Blue doesn't work for me,
    Constance Wu looked very nice. I did like that choice of color.
    Diane Warren. No. The same goes for Elsie Fisher. No.
    Emilia Clarke looked gorgeous. i loved the color of the dress on the show; so beautiful.
    Emma Stone can do no wrong. i love the pattern and the color and the wings.
    Gemma Chan. After RiRi, Gaga and JLo trotted out the hammock looking dress I thought it would die, but nooooo .... Thanks for nothing Gemma.
    Rancic.I hate to body shame, but she is soooo thin it's scary.
    Glenn Close didn't go home with Oscar but she had that heavy-assed looking gold cape to drag around all night.
    Helen Mirren was my favorite. i love the color, her hair, the way she smiled, the way she worked that dress. i love her.
    Holland Taylor . I liked it until I hit the shoes. WTF are those?
    JLo? More like JNo!
    Molly Sims? I said something about crazy people wearing tin foil hats and Sims shows up in a tin foil gown?Nope.
    Jason Momoa and Lisa Bonet. His tuxedo doesn't fit and is all kinds of lumpy--and not in the good way--but Lisa is fabulous!
    JHud rocked it. Gurrl looks gorgeous.
    Jennifer Lewis reached to the way back of her closet for this number.
    Kasey Musgraves. I have issues with the ruffles upon ruffles upon ruffles.
    Gaga. i liked it. I liked it that she didn't go over the top. it had a cool modern hip and I loved the gloves.She does need a hair person though.
    Laura Marano. I called it Kandy Korn left out in the sun.
    Laura Harring. Love it, and love that it's totally made from sustainable fabrics and beading.
    Linda Cardellini. Kacey?This makes your dress look sleek.
    Maya Rudolph. You say shower curtain, I said drapes.
    Rachel Weiss. I liked the sort of sexy vinyl and demure dress together. Plus, that color is yum!
    Melissa McCarthy's faux hawk bothers me and the pants part doesn't seem to fit well. it's kinda drab and she is so not that.
    Michelle Yeoh. Except for the thing on her wrist which looked like cheap origami, I loved this one.
    Pharrell needs to stop with the little boy suits. It's enough!
    Regina King is perfection in every single thing she does, says, wears, stars in, looks at or talks to.
    Sarah Paulson gave us edge, and while it may not have been perfect, she owned it.
    Renee Bargh. it was a beautiful wedding.
    Sam Elliott and Katherine Ross have been at it for four decades or more and still seem so in love. That's the best look of all.
    Sandy Powell is clearly headed to Clown College after the show.
    Spike Lee wore too many things all at once. Edit, man, edit.
    Tessa Thompson. I couldn't help bu wonder how she walked in that dress.
    Tina Fey. Yawn.
    Trudie Styler, Missus Sting, looks grand.
    Viggo Mortensen did rock the classic tux. Sorry about his date, though.
    Willem Dafoe has that edge in his suits. I like.
    Zuri Hall. I keep thinking it looks like maroon bathmats sewn together.
    Maria Menonous told Bradley Cooper that he stepped on her dress. For that, she's dead to me.
    Marie Kondo looks like she'swearing an edited version of that Maya Rudolph mess.

    Whoosh!
    Mine's here: https://ishouldbelaughing.blogspot.com/2019/02/oscar-fashion-good-bad-ugly-kenndal.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. SPIT OUT MY COFFEE HERE:

    Laura Marano. I called it Kandy Korn left out in the sun (WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?)
    Zuri Hall. I keep thinking it looks like maroon bathmats sewn together.
    Maria Menonous told Bradley Cooper that he stepped on her dress. For that, she's dead to me.

    XOXOXOX
    Deb

    ReplyDelete

GO ON, TELL ME WHAT YOU REALLY THINK ...

SHORT AND SWEET .. THE WHITE HOUSE DINNER and other current events ...

  Jeff Bezos and Lauren Sanchez at White House dinner.     Hun, this tacky rag might work at the Golden Globes (and even then it would be co...