Monday, January 11, 2021

Am I a genius?

So I stumbled upon this very interesting article about high intelligence and the article stated that apparently, there are 20 signs that indicate if you are a person of high intelligence.  They are:  


1.    You took music lessons.  
Do dance lessons count?  If so, I may be a genius.

The article stated that it has been proven that people who have taken music lessons at one point or another tend to have a higher IQ than those who have not. It has also been found that this trend is most notable in children between the ages of four and six.  
There have been numerous studies on the subject, and it has been concluded that learning an instrument can help people interpret and analyze things different rather than those who have never touched an instrument before.

2.    They are the eldest sibling.  
True for me.  Maybe I really am a genius?

3.    They are in shape.  
NOPE.  No need to elaborate.  

4.    They own a cat.  
Very interesting.  I do love critters and I've actually had TWO cats in my lifetime so I guess, based on this point, I could be a genius.  

5.    They experimented with drugs.  
I did experiment, but was not crazy.  Although I can admit that I have ALWAYS been very curious about hallucinogens.  So I guess a bump here and there and a little bit of weed could very well make me a genius.  

Although drugs are dangerous, those with higher intelligence may be more inclined to experiment with drugs in order to satisfy their curiosity.

6.     They are left-handed.  
I am actually ambidextrous.  I write with my right hand and throw with my left.  And I can actually write backwards ... like looking in a mirror.  I think this qualifies me as a genius.

7.    They are tall
NOPE.  I'm 5' 2" so ...   

8.    They ask big questions.  
This is definitely me.  I am very curious about many things and yes, I do ask big questions about the universe, mystery, history, religion, what motivates people.  I'm endlessly curious.   

9.    They frequently drink alcohol.  
I LOVE ME MY MARGARITAS!

10.   They started reading at a young age.  
This is definitely true for me.  I've always been a voracious reader and I don't mean Danielle Steel novels.

Those that learn to read at a young age have a huge advantage over those who don’t learn to read until later in life. Reading is one of the best things anyone can do to improve their intelligence, so there is no surprise that there’s a correlation between the two.

11.    They are frequently anxious.  
Shit yeah.   

Those with higher IQs tend to be more anxious than those of lesser intelligence. Smarter people tend to over-analyze situations or become easily troubled with existential questions or worrying about issues and problems that are out of their control.  SO ME!

12.    They have a good sense of humor.  
PLEEZE, I'm HILARIOUS.  Everyone knows that.

13.    They are constantly curious.  
ABSOLUTELY.  Once I become curious about a person or a subject I will devour everything I can get my hands on with regard to that person or subject.  

Curious people tend to be a sign of higher intelligence because it means that somebody isn’t content not knowing things. They want to understand how things work or why things are the way that they are.

14.    They are disorganized.  
Somewhat true.  I cannot work with disorder, but when it comes to my house, though everything LOOKS tidy, all you have to do is open a drawer or cabinet and behold my lack of organizational skills.  

Many very intelligent people tend to have messy desks or rooms, something that’s attributed to having enhanced levels of creativity.

15.    They don't believe in luck.  
Agree.  I AM NOT LUCKY.  Other people are lucky.

Very intelligent people don’t believe in the concept of luck. This is so, because they have a better understanding of how the world works. To them, luck is just the result of hard work, planning, some coincidence, and preparation.

16.    They were breastfed as a baby.  
NOPE.  Strictly the bottle for this gal.  

17.    They're night owls.  
ME ME ME!  I am much better at night.  I have never been a morning person.  

People who stay up late and sleep in later are more likely to be more intelligent than those who have regular sleeping hours. Researchers believe that those who wake up later are less likely to get tired as fast as someone who gets up super early with the help of an alarm clock.

18.    They can be viewed as lazy.  

I AM LAZY.  I do what I have to do because I have to, but I can sit and do nuthin' without feeling any guilt whatsoever.
19.    They aren't easily distracted.  
This depends.  If I am reading something I'm really into I will not hear you speak to me at all.  However, if I'm working on something BORING, yes ... I can easily lose focus.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST ...

6 comments:

  1. 1. You took music lessons.
    I did not. Strike one?
    2. They are the eldest sibling.
    I am not. I’m a middle child. Strike two?
    3. They are in shape.
    Could be better. Strike three?
    4. They own a cat.
    Finally! Do I own cats!!!
    5. They experimented with drugs.
    I did not. Never could stand the smell of pot so that was a ‘No’ and other drugs had no interest to me. Strike four.
    6. They are left-handed.
    Nope. Strike five. I’m getting scared that I’m really dumb and just don’t know it because, yes, I am that dumb.
    7. They are tall.
    I am 6’2”. That’s tall, right?
    8. They ask big questions.
    I do this, too. Wow, two in a row!!
    9. They frequently drink alcohol.
    Not too “frequently” but I do love a cocktail!
    10. They started reading at a young age.
    True. Four in a row, I’m starting to feel better about myself!
    11. They are frequently anxious.
    I see your “Shit yeah” and raise you a “Duh!”
    12. They have a good sense of humor.
    I am fucking high-larious. Ask anyone.
    13. They are constantly curious.
    I am and I’m not. Some things pique my curiosity and some things I’m like, “Moving on.”
    14. They are disorganized.
    I am both. I like things put back where they go so you never have to look for them, but I can make a decent mess of things, too.
    15. They don't believe in luck.
    Fuck luck. Or maybe not, you know, if ‘luck’ is listening right now.
    16. They were breastfed as a baby.
    I think I was.
    17. They're night owls.
    Younger me was quite the night owl; this me is in bed before 11PM.
    18. They can be viewed as lazy.
    Yeah, I can see that in me. I mean, IF I feel like looking.
    19. They aren't easily distracted.
    Wait, what?
    AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST ...
    20. They admit what they don't know.
    I am 50/50 here, though I guess in the grand scheme of things I might admit what I don’t know. It just hasn’t happened to me yet.

    It looks like I am 50% genius and 50% dumb as a box of rocks. Okay, I’ll take it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BOB! YOU'RE A GENIUS! YOU MAKE ME LAUGH ALL THE TIME AND YOUR WIT IS PROOF THAT YOU ARE SUPER, SUPER SMART.
      XOXOXOXOX
      Deb
      (insert happy face here)

      Delete
  2. I ticked off a lot of these boxes, but going by #14 and #18, I'm a freakin' rocket scientist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like I told Bob, anyone who can make me laugh is a genius and YOU make me laugh!

      Delete
  3. 1/2/4/8/9/10/12/13/15/18/19/20 - yes

    3/5/6/7/11/14/16/17 - no

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd say that qualifies you as a genius!

    ReplyDelete

GO ON, TELL ME WHAT YOU REALLY THINK ...

SHORT AND SWEET .. THE WHITE HOUSE DINNER and other current events ...

  Jeff Bezos and Lauren Sanchez at White House dinner.     Hun, this tacky rag might work at the Golden Globes (and even then it would be co...