Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Post-surgery update ...

So, mama had her reproductive organs removed last week.  I have been moving VERY SLOWLY and have been on pain meds which is great but there is a nagging pain on my left side where I had a gigantic fibroid the size of a baby.  This thing turned out to be twice as big as originally thought hence the pain on the left.  Surgeon had to move a lot of shit around and IT HURTS!  

The Mister took family leave to help me out and he has been doing all the cooking/dishes/laundry ... he's basically been me for the last seven days and I must say that on a scale from one to 10 he's been an 8.  And THAT'S A GOOD score for recuperating in Dannyland.  HOWEVER ....

I do seem to get getting very winded answering his questions nine thousand times a day which then makes me light headed and then I have to lay down to rest and basically all of this could be avoided if it went like this:

I ASK A QUESTION.

DAN ANSWERS QUESTION.

I ASK A QUESTION.

DAN ANSWERS QUESTION (GET IT?)  Kind of like volleyball.


That is not what has been happening.  It's been more like this:


Me:  Honey, can you bring me my phone?

Dan:  You want your phone?

Me:  Yes.

Dan:  Why do you want your phone?

GOD HELP ME.

Me:  I need to make a phone call.

Dan:  You need to make a phone call?

Me:  YES.

Dan:  Where is your phone?

GETTING FAINT.



NEXT TOPIC ....

Me:  Honey, can you bring me some water?

Dan:  You want water?

Me:  Yes.

Dan:  Why do you want water?

Me:  To take my pills.

Dan:  You need to take your pills?

Me:  (sigh) ... yes.

Dan:  Where is the water?

I CAN'T.

Sleeping Girl by Mahno | GraphicRiver

PRAY FOR ME.

6 comments:

  1. I'll give him points for trying, and for making me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UGH ... you're welcome. GIMME DRUGS!!!!!!!!!!!

      Delete
  2. OMG! I had that operation in 1989; it hurt like an SOB on steroids. do not lift anything, take your time healing. make danny work for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TELL ME ABOUT IT! I've never had surgery ... did not expect inability to move, roll, sit, etc. Oh ... gotta run ... Mister is taking off on a bike ride (SMH).

      Delete
  3. Oh my god, I love you so much! This makes me appreciate my Boo (I know, Boo? Ick!) more just for him emptying the dishwasher after 18 years of living with one. I had to almost die and was too weak to move, but he did it! Emptying the dishwasher is my exercise, so I've been told. I was always funny back in ice cube days, how the trays only needed washing when he emptied them. So there they sat until I saw fit to wash them and then fill them. I feel your pain, sweetie. I hope you are well on your way to recovery, so you can get back your fighting strength!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, last request was "please change the sheets on the bed, fax paperwork to insurance, to go CVS for prescriptions and Milk of Magnesia so I can FINALLY GO TO THE BATHROOM.

      Sure! He says .... after my bike ride. I tell you girl ... I BETTER DIE FIRST!

      LOVE YOU!!!!!

      Delete

GO ON, TELL ME WHAT YOU REALLY THINK ...

SHORT AND SWEET .. THE WHITE HOUSE DINNER and other current events ...

  Jeff Bezos and Lauren Sanchez at White House dinner.     Hun, this tacky rag might work at the Golden Globes (and even then it would be co...