Saturday, May 17, 2014

WORD OF THE DAY ....

My husband loves to find new and interesting ways to annoy the crap outta me.  Lately, he's taken to testing me with new words from a game he found on the internet which he tortures me with EVERY.  SINGLE.  DAY.  Because I'm an avid reader he thinks I'm super smart.  Which I'm not.  I just have a better vocabulary than he does, but whatever.  Let him think whatever he wants.

So now he is constantly testing new words on me.  We'll be relaxing on the couch watching t.v. when the computer will all of a sudden say --  in it's computer voice  -- "spumescent" ... and that is my cue to guess what the word means.  I will then turn to my husband, his smiling face greeting me with a look in his eyes that is taunting yet playful. 

Now, I don't mind so much playing this stupid game because I am ALMOST ALWAYS RIGHT, but what bugs the crap outta me is that he doesn't play fair.  I'll say "what do I get if I win?  I want a dress from Nordstrom."  And he'll agree, but then when I get the word correct he will renege and throw another word at me ... "grimalkin" (fyi ... an old female cat) ... and then he'll throw the two out of three challenge.  When he's absolutely certain I will not get a word correct he will taunt me with the prize of dinner at my favorite restaurant for which he knows he will never have to cough up and then he'll ask me to go out and rustle up some chitlins for dinner. 

This is my life. 



2 comments:

  1. The rules need to be immortalized in stone, and initialed by both parties and featuring an appropriate fine if the rewards are rescinded.

    ReplyDelete

GO ON, TELL ME WHAT YOU REALLY THINK ...

SHORT AND SWEET .. THE WHITE HOUSE DINNER and other current events ...

  Jeff Bezos and Lauren Sanchez at White House dinner.     Hun, this tacky rag might work at the Golden Globes (and even then it would be co...