Skip to main content

ANOTHER RE-RUN .... (because mommy's depressed and can't think of anything funny right now)



(Originally posted Wednesday, October 21, 2009)

The Brain that Wouldn't Die 

When I was a kid this movie scared the shit outta me.  I'd probably seen it 15 times by the time I was 11 or 12.  This was way back in the 1960's when everything was closed on Sunday.  Anyone remember that?  NOTHING was open.  I hated Sundays because they were so BORING.  A typical Sunday afternoon would basically be channel surfing on a black and white t.v. from channels 2, 4, 5, 7, 11 and 13 ... with no remote.  Kids today would probably slit their wrists. No 300 channels, no Internet, no DVDs, no video games. When I was a kid and you complained about being bored ... YOU WERE BORED.  And what did we kids do when we were bored? We had this thing called an "IMAGINATION."  Imagination allowed you to make up games and pretend ... we played outside all day, rode our bikes all over town and did all kinds of other fun stuff that kids today do not know how to do ... which I find really sad.   
 
Anyway, I remember watching programs like "Chiller" on lazy Sunday afternoons and they would broadcast all kinds of B horror flicks, like "The Brain that Wouldn't Die."  The premise of this film was that the head (in the picture) was engaged to her brilliant scientist doctor and after being beheaded in a terrible car accident her brilliant fiancee DOES NOT WANT HER TO DIE so he collects her severed head, rushes it to his laboratory where he revives it and keeps it alive in a liquid-filled tray and voila!  The Head That Wouldn't Die ... but the head becomes bitter and evil and starts killing people just through her powerful mental abilities and she's really pissed off at her fiancee because all she wants to do is die but he is determined to save her, find her a body, and then do a head transplant. Oy vay.


Another classic B flick ... THE ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN. Although, I'm certain there were some serious subliminal messages in this film, the plot is that after catching her husband flirting with another girl, the wife (aka 50 foot woman) encounters a spaceship carrying an extraterrestrial who is like 50 feet tall and needs diamonds to power his satellite. The alien, seeing the diamond necklace she is wearing, tries to snatch it from her neck and scratches her, thereby infecting her with a bizarre alien infection wherein she starts growing and growing and then BAM!!!  She's 50 feet tall.

She is now on a mission to find her cheating bastard of a husband by terrorizing the entire town.  We see her picking up cars and peering into them trying to find that cheating louse and creating all kinds of havoc.  I think the man who wrote this brilliant script was trying to tell all the men in the audience ... "See!  If you buy your girlfriend/wife diamonds and fancy presents and she still gets pissed of at you because you're a carousing, cheating pig ... this is what'll happen!  She'll turn into a big ol bitch of a monster!" .... hence



DAMN STRAIGHT!  THE ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN ...

BITCHES RULE!!!!

Comments

  1. I love those old "horror/sci fi" films.


    Sidenote: I saw your Viggo in "A Dangerous Method" last night. Quite handsome, and nearly enough for me to take my eyes off Mr. Fassbender.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bob, did you see Fassbender in "Shame"? OH. EM. GEE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't.....but I've heard...... =)

      Delete
  3. First of all, I'm sorry that you're depressed. One word. Meds. This is a funny post and it was my first time reading it so there ya go. No shame in reposting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Girlfriend! And I AM on meds! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

GO ON, TELL ME WHAT YOU REALLY THINK ...

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

An Ode to Viggo
Who knows where or when my love for you began it took me by surprise and filled up my whole life
Some laughed and called me mad but I knew that was sad for love cannot be mocked and Viggo, my world rocked
I've seen his every film, his songs, his poems and still I love him more each day and that's how it will stay  for in my dreams he lives
Each step through ether's door we meet forever more and so shall it remain until my life should wane
- Signed Debbie Nunez Mortensen :) (yes, I know I'm weird)






























DANNYLAND ...

Danny has this disgusting habit of brushing his teeth and then rinsing his toothbrush and leaving it ALL WET in the toothbrush thing.  (See photo below.  A roll of toilet paper he sets on the counter like a cup and then sticks his toothbrush in the middle of it) ... what a genius huh?

The point?  Adisgusting, wet toothbrush will collect bacteria and mosquitoes and it's disgusting and filthy.  It drives me crazy.  Does he stop?  NO.  


What you're supposed to do is brush, rinse with HOT water and then DRY THE BRUSH THOROUGHLY ... THEN put it in the toothbrush thing.  IT'S NOT THAT HARD.

And how hard is it to take the yogurt OUT of the plastic bag?


God forbid he break a sweat. 

 Also, he never EVER closes a drawer, a cabinet, or a door ... EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Don't you HATE when your husband makes hamburgers ...




*sigh* ... my life.

OSCARS BEST AND WORST ...

Well, for some unknown reason I was unable to get E! Live on the Red Carpet!  I called the cable company, I unplugged the t.v. to reboot it ... NOTHING.  SO, I had to go with Channel 7's coverage which is NOT NEARLY AS IN DEPTH as E!  Needless to say Mama was pissed. 

So, with that in mind ... let's get started!


Alicia Vikander.  Beautiful!  She looks very young and sweet and elegant.  Love the color of this gown .... Grade:  A


Jennifer Lawrence.  BEAUTIFUL!  Love the hair, love the make up, love the the gown.  WINNER WINNER WINNER!!!  Grade:  A++


Brie Larson.  I'm not really feeling this gown.  The color is beautiful but the belt and the bling and the ruffles and the pleats ... there's a lot going on here.  Grade:  C



Nice guy Dave Grohl and wife.  Class Couple!  Love her dress and earrings ... very pretty. Dave .... it's the ACADEMY AWARDS .... a traditional tux would have worked much better and you would have looked SO HANDSOME.  Wife Grade:  A, Dave's Grade:…