Tuesday, February 16, 2021

BOOM ...





























So, I'm sure you all recognize this lady.  She is Cindy Joseph and she is a model who invented BOOM.  A color stick that, according to her, is the perfect shade for all skin types.  She has all these ads where older gals testify to how fantastic this product is and how it's just soooooo purrrfect!  

I don't know why I let this sucker me in because I know for a FACT that there is no shade of anything, not lipstick, not blush, not foundation, that is PERFECT on every skin type.  But I still went ahead and ordered this stupid product.  

I gotta say that when it finally arrived I was shocked at how SMALL it is.  But whatever.  I immediately went upstairs to do my cheeks, eyes, lips, just like it said.  It was okay on the eyes, but the cheeks, not so much.  And the lips?  They looked like liver.  So, unless you look like Cindy Joseph and you have her coloring, do not buy this product.  

I once purchased a lipstick by Clinique because some movie star at the time said it looked good on EVERYONE and I went out and bought it and ... it didn't.  

With Covid I have not put makeup on in a year.  I have had to apply once or twice for an event, but then you have to put on your mask so what's the point?!  Anyway, I've discovered that I can no longer apply makeup, nor do I look good with makeup.  It honestly seems that the less I wear, the better I look (and not in a good way).  I'm not like Ms. Cindy who looks great with very little makeup.  I just look like an old lady.  I can no longer do up the eyes because I just look like a homeless person.  The best I can do is paint a decent pair of eyebrows and paint the lips, and put on a light foundation of course.  That's it.  Maybe a tight line of black pencil on the upper waterline.  No eye shadow, no mascara, no eyeliner. 
 
It is rather sad because I used to LOVE PUTTING ON MY MAKEUP!  These days, I don't want to take the time.  It's exhausting.  And then, when I get the shit on my face, I immediately start sweating like a race horse and all that crap just melts off and then I need a shower and then I just look like sh*t.  

3 comments:

  1. I would have called bull shiz with "one stick all shades" unless she had testimonials from Tilda Swinton AND Viola Davis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM LAUGHING OUT LOUD OVER HERE!!!!!! TILDA AND VIOLA!!!!

      Delete
  2. I don't know who this cindy joseph person is.

    I haven't worn makeup since 1977. that was the year I also gave up religion and underwear.

    makeup always turned orange on me, no matter what the brand. and it made my face feel horrible. I look better without any goop.

    ReplyDelete

GO ON, TELL ME WHAT YOU REALLY THINK ...

SHORT AND SWEET .. THE WHITE HOUSE DINNER and other current events ...

  Jeff Bezos and Lauren Sanchez at White House dinner.     Hun, this tacky rag might work at the Golden Globes (and even then it would be co...