Monday, April 10, 2017

STUPID PEOPLE AT WORK ...

Characters:  Receptionist


 










Secretary
  














Secretary receives call from her big important boss to have a name added to security.  Said gentleman will be arriving at our office in approximately one hour to have secretary (me) receive and scan closing documents in a big important deal.  I post haste, email receptionist to relay message giving receptionist name of gentleman and time he is arriving, WHY he is arriving and please call me (secretary) when he arrives.

Because Secretary has history with Receptionist (e.g., ignoring emails, not ordering lunch, etc.) secretary makes sure she has a notification in her Outlook that will notify her that receptionist has actually opened and read secretary's email. 
Approximately 15 minutes later I receive this from receptionist …

All taken care.  It really helps speed these up if you put a date in your subject line. Thx.

Secretary ponders said message.  How to respond?  Should I respond?  Or should I ask her to refrain from smoking crack on the job?  I chose to ignore.

Footnote:  One would assume that when one says “gentleman arriving in an hour” … one would assume that means today.  Presently.  Not … “in an hour from now, yesterday a man will be arriving” or “in an hour from now, in two days a gentleman will be arriving” ….

Dig?  Or is it just me who gets this?


 







4 comments:

  1. receptionist is a dumbass and needs to be fired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT?!! I get this shit EVERY TIME I ASK HER TO DO SOMETHING. Unbelievable.

      Delete
  2. Oh I would have responded .... with the back of my hand on the back of her head and asking, "Just how stupid are you?"

    And it would be a rhetorical question!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, how dumb does someone have to be.....the date is already embedded!

    ReplyDelete

GO ON, TELL ME WHAT YOU REALLY THINK ...

SHORT AND SWEET .. THE WHITE HOUSE DINNER and other current events ...

  Jeff Bezos and Lauren Sanchez at White House dinner.     Hun, this tacky rag might work at the Golden Globes (and even then it would be co...