Monday, September 19, 2016

EMMY'S BEST AND WORST ...

So I totally forgot that the Emmy's were on tonight (bad me) ... I just don't look forward to the Emmy's because EVERY year the same people get nominated and the same people win, Julia Louis Dreyfuss, Julia Louis Dreyfus, Julia Louis Dreyfus ... you know and it's like nothing new. BUT, since I know people wait for my take on all the glamour and excitement here goes.

Allison Janney. Fantastic Actress.  As for her look ... I actually like this dress and I particularly like the bow at the waist but I think it was way too wide across the chest.  ... Grade:  A -


Amy Pohler.  Uh.  No.  She looks like a stalk of celery.  And that gold choker necklace?  Totally unnecessary.  Grade:  F-
 

Anika Noni Rose.  VERY PRETTY.  Her waist looks super tiny. This gown has a  beautiful neckline.  White ... difficult to pull of but she does it with real style.  Grade:  A-



Anna Chlumsky.  I don't even know what to say about this dress.  I guess if you didn't know what you were going to wear to the Emmy's and you really loved your drapes ... then a light bulb went off in your little head ala Scarlett O'Hara and Voila!  We've got a gown!  Actually it's not a gown per se, more like a short poufy dress with a train that draws attention to your white chubby legs (please forgive me but you don't show your legs if they look like that ... I'm just being honest) However, hair and make up are pretty and I like the earrings but other than that ... Grade:  F-- (yes ... TWO MINUSES)



Taraji P. Henson.  Girl, you can do a whole lot better than this.  A yellow spaghetti strap dress with silver shoes?  Really?  This is a nothing.  It's boring, unexciting.  It's a D minus with a zero.  I want to see improvement this time next year. 



Claire Danes.  I don't know what it is about this chick but she is SO SO BORING.  Hair blah, makeup blah, jewels blah.  Dress is pretty but you don't know how to pull a look together.  You're hair should be up, maybe some glamazon chandelier earrings.  DO SOMETHING!  Hire a stylist!  Grade:  C-
 

Emmy Rossum ALWAYS NAILS IT.  Beautiful hair, beautiful makeup, beautiful jewels, beautiful dress.  Grade:  A
 

Heidi Fuckin' Klum.  At least you don't look as ridiculous as you usually do.  
But as is your style, you can't make up your mind.  You've got a sleeve, and a spaghetti strap, a cutout, and a slit.  This looks like four dresses in one.  Heidi FYI .... LESS IS MORE.  Grade:  F
 

Kirsten Dunst looking fabulous in black.  Grade:  B
 

Laverne Cox.  TALK ABOUT GLAM!  She knows how to bring it!  AND SHE DID!  WINNER WINNER WINNER!!!  Grade:  A+   (Claire ... are you listening?)
 

Lindsey Vonn.  What a sex bomb! Tiger, you are such an IDIOT.  Grade:  A
 

Mamie Gummer (Meryl Streep's little girl) ... simple, elegant, beautiful.  Very chic and she has gorgeous legs.  Grade:  A


Jane Krakowski.  Never EVER wear this color again.  ESPECIALLY with those little black and white things and those funky green and purple shoes.  This is a whole lotta ugly.  Grade:  F- to the nth degree for SUPER SUPER UGLY. ... and a belt???  If you have a stylist you need to fire her.  Grade:  DOUBLE F-

 


Amanda Peet.  Uh ... I'm thinking bees and buttercups.  I don't know ... I like it, I don't like it.  Her brows are too dark.  Earrings are weird.  Grade:  C


 

America Ferrara.  LOVE HER!  However hon, your dress leaves a lot to be desired.  You are so pretty and this look does nothing for you.  Very average prom looking dress from TJ Maxx.  Grade:  D-
 

Angela Bassett.  Love the dress, love the hair, love the jewels.  Grade:  A


This is the guy from "Mr. Robot" who to me really does look like a robot.  He's kind of cute in a weird way huh?
 

Sofia Vergara looks like she always looks. Curvy and beautiful.  Same dress, different color.  Grade:  A
 


Emily Ratjakowski (I think that's how you spell it) A kind of pretty dress but I don't like the top.  It looks as though it isn't finished.  The fabric and color is interesting however, this isn't a home run for me.  Grade:  B-
 

Madam Tussaud's wax figures of Fred Armisted and Natasha Lyonne.
 

Gaby Hoffmann.  First, you forgot your tights.  Second, you forgot to pluck your eyebrows.  Third, you need to cut some layers into that hair and fourth, have someone teach you HOW TO APPLY MAKEUP.  Grade:  --F -  Did you get that?  a two negatives plus another negative which means REALLY BAD.
 

Giuliana Rancic the Human Toothpick.  Giuliana ... your mouth is starting to jut out like a victim of starvation.  You do not look good.  You need to eat. You need to gain weight.  The dress is pretty but your face and your hair look terrible.  Grade E ... FOR EAT SOMETHING!  I say this with love and concern.  Truly.  EAT.  PLEASE because you look horrible. 
 

Jerry and Jessica Seinfeld.  It must be nice being married to a BUHZILLIONAIRE.
Grade:  A
 

John Travolta and Kelly Preston (channeling Marie Osmond) WTF???
Hon, you'e at the Emmy's ... not your niece's wedding.  Grade:  F
 

Julia Louis Dreyfuss look the way she always does.  Perfect in a non-glamorous way.  Grade:  B
 

Niecy Nash looking very VA-VA-VOOM!  Not many women can get away with wearing white.  She looks really great!  Grade:  A
 

Sarah Paulson and Marcia Clark.  Sarah ... LOVED her earrings not the dress.  Marcia ... your makeup looks great however, you should have worn something with sleeves.  Just sayin'.
 


 Tina Fey.  Pretty.  Typical.  Nothing special.  Grade:  B



Viola Davis, incredible actress.  Love the hair, not the the dress.  Looks like you purchased it from David's Bridal.  And that's sad.  Grade:  C-
 


Laura Carmichael aka Lady Edith on Downton Abbey.  WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?  I'm thinking Easter Eggs and baskets???  Bunny Lanes?  Marshmallow candy?  Lady Edith is barfing as we speak.  Grade:  F-



Olivia Culpo.  ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!  PERFECTION!  WINNER WINNER WINNER!!!  GRADE:  A+


Robin Wright.  Mhmmm.  The top looks like it is WAY too low.  It does not fit properly.  It's a pretty dress but she either needs bigger boobs or that top has to come up a lot higher.  Also, the shoes are ALL WRONG.  Something more delicate instead of those black satin platforms.  Hair looks a little messy (and not in a good way).  Grade:  D



Sarah Hyland.  Uh ... NO.  MAYBE, and I mean MAYBE, if the pants were white.  But black?  No.  Hair and makeup is pretty.  However I must give you a poor grade because your look is very disjointed.  Grade D-





Julianne Hough.  Ok I definitely have a girl crush on this gal.  She is so freaking beautiful.  She looks really pretty.  I'm giving her a B+ (although she didn't glam it up like she should have).
 

Kerry Washington.  Love the hair!  However, I am not a fan of a pregnant lady showing her big belly.  Not my thing.  The cut out???  Mhmm ... NO.  Me no likee.  It looks like the dress split on the side.  Grade:  D-


Kristin Bell.  PERFECTION!  Very beautiful gown.  Her hair and makeup complement the entire look beautifully.  I loved this look.  WINNER WINNER WINNER!!!  Grade:  A+


Mandy Moore. I think she is so cute!  I'm giving her an A because she's sweet and nice and I like her.  So there.


Michele Dockery.  BEAUTIFUL!  Every time I've seen her on the red carpet she looks perfect.  Very feminine!  Hair and makeup are perfection.  Grade:  A+



Well folks, that's it for this year.  Sorry if I didn't comment on your favorites.  Please feel free to drop me a line and give me our thoughts.  Until next year!  Au Revoir!  Remember ... the Academy Awards are just around the corner!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, so I saw the show, and the fashions, but I was lazy and busy and lazy and didn’t do a fashion post of my own and so I’ll hijack yours:
    Allison Janney. I think when an actress reaches a certain age it’s best not to display the girls. I saw her onstage during the show and she looked kinda saggy. Not a fave.
    Amy Pohler. Grandma Goes To The Emmys and the dress isn’t even flattering on Grandma!
    Anika Noni Rose. Gorgeous. Just gorgeous!
    Anna Chlumsky. Someone online called this Bed In A Bag. I’ll leave it there.
    Taraji P. Henson. She wore a different dress … slinky and sequined … and a different wig … a sleek bob … when she presented and looked SO much better!
    Claire Danes. Too gold, hair and dress, and that tassel-y thing hanging down in the middle looks like a rip cord you’d pull and reveal a new, better, dress.
    Emmy Rossum. Simple is sometimes the best.
    Heidi Klum. I don’t get why she always wears these asymmetric messes. Sure it’s not Big Bird or Grandma’s Drapes, but, seriously, enough with the asymmetry already!
    Kirsten Dunst. I just think she looks like she feels uncomfortable and so I feel uncomfortable looking at her.
    Laverne Cox. Note to Claire Danes: this is how you do gold.
    Lindsey Vonn. I’m going ‘Meh’ on both the dress and whatever reason she is at The Emmys.
    Mamie Gummer. Gosh does she look like a younger Mama Meryl! But, and I loves me some Meryl, her style is much better than Mama’s. Sexy sleek.
    Jane Krakowski. I don’t like her at all for some reason, and the other night it was because of this dress and those shoes. I call it Tray Hard Fail.
    Amanda Peet. Someone went to Bead World on the way to the show! And don’t so that again!
    America Ferrara. I think had the dress not flared out at the hips, this would have worked … oh, and in a different color, too.
    Angela Bassett. Can.Do.No.Wrong. I love the kimono style!
    Rami Malek. He’s so odd he’s cute; plus, he’s a little Pocket Man, slip him in a man purse and off you go.
    Sofia Vergara. Yawn. But the Ariana High Pony was so wrong.
    Emily Ratjakowski. Lord, child, someone bottle this girl’s style. She.Worked.It.
    Fred Armisted and Natasha Lyonne. Grumpy Cats.

    Gaby Hoffmann. A nightshirt? Is it the Emmy’s or a slumber party? Put some effort into it.
    Giuliana Rancic. She looks like a specter out of Crimson Peak. Seriously. The face, the gown, the hair; I’m a’scurred a’her.
    Jerry and Jessica Seinfeld. Gosh he worked the nerd smile, and she worked the classy cocktail dress.
    John Travolta looks like a wax figure again and since when has Kelly Preston become a country singer: ♪ ♫ Stand by your man, when he’s standing by other men. ♫ ♪

    Julia Louis Dreyfuss looks a little too thin, but she looks good, as usual.
    Niecy Nash. Sex. Symbol. She looks fabulous! Plus she has a very hot husband, which is the best accessory.
    Sarah Paulson and Marcia Clark. Sarah can do no wrong; my Favorite Look and Actress of the night. Marcia looks a little Old West Saloon Girl, or, Old West Older Saloon Girl.
    Tina Fey. Hate the color, hate the pose, don’t hate the dress, love her.
    Viola Davis. You called it: David's Bridal. She’s usually better than this.
    Laura Carmichael. The bow ruins it; the two odd colors ruin it; the sad sack hair ruins it.
    Olivia Culpo. Don’t know her, never seen her, am now obsessed with her. Love that dress.
    Robin Wright. God she is a gorgeous woman in a hideous dress and the fugliest shoes ever.
    Sarah Hyland. I’m all for the pants under the dress look, but pants under the airplane wings just seems wrong.
    Julianne Hough. Loathe her; the dress is dull, and the pose hurts my back.
    Kerry Washington. I’m getting Mahogany Has A Baby because she’s rocking the Miss Ross hair. Seriously, I saw Tracie Ellis Ross on the carpet and then a flash of Kerry and I thought Diana was there!
    Kristin Bell. Pretty dress, but it wore her.
    Mandy Moore. It looks like a Baby Food Color and the kind that Baby won’t eat. And the tiers and the ruffles and no … no.
    Michele Dockery. That’s a lot of ruffles and I kinda got a bridal gun with black piping vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOB!!!!!! OMG only YOU can make me laugh so freaking hard! I kept checking your blog for your Emmy recap! So glad you commented on mine!
    love you tons!
    XOXOXOX!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Debbie! HELLO! Thanks for coming by to see the house and the feature in the magazine. We are delighted!

    I agree with you on these grades. I think some people just wear the clothing instead of them wearing what they should wear: their body type. I agree. If you have great legs, show them. If not, show another feature that is more pleasant to the eye. I too am not a fan of seeing a pregnant woman's belly. I wish some of these beauties would enhance their looks instead of ruining them just because they want to wear a designer outfit. Just my opinion! BE WELL!

    ReplyDelete

GO ON, TELL ME WHAT YOU REALLY THINK ...

SHORT AND SWEET .. THE WHITE HOUSE DINNER and other current events ...

  Jeff Bezos and Lauren Sanchez at White House dinner.     Hun, this tacky rag might work at the Golden Globes (and even then it would be co...