Sunday, December 6, 2015

SO ....

I was sitting at my desk listening to Luther Vandross on You Tube.  I was listening to Luther Vandross because my boss, whose office is right outside my desk, is SO FREAKING LOUD when he's on the phone that even with the door closed I can hear every single word he is screaming into his phone and I cannot hear myself think.  SO, I had to drown him out somehow.  I raised the volume on my radio but then I had a loud radio and a loud boss to deal with.  I grabbed my ear buds, and plugged into my Ipod but it was dead - ugh ... so I jumped on to YouTube and plugged in and went straight to the King of the Slow Jams Luther Vandross.  As I was drifting in and out of 1985 I got to thinking ... what are young kids today going to recall when they think of their youth?  What romantic memories will they have?  How can you possibly get all soft and nostalgic to “Bitch Better Have My Money?”

Today’s kids will know NOTHING of romance.  They will never know the magic of a first kiss.  The romance of a slow dance.  And if they do, it will be to some hardcore rapping shit while they mutually twerk.  Disgusting. 



I am SO GLAD I was young when I was young …


Let’s take a listen shall we … 






No comments:

Post a Comment

GO ON, TELL ME WHAT YOU REALLY THINK ...

SHORT AND SWEET .. THE WHITE HOUSE DINNER and other current events ...

  Jeff Bezos and Lauren Sanchez at White House dinner.     Hun, this tacky rag might work at the Golden Globes (and even then it would be co...