Thursday, November 30, 2017

Harvey Weinstein Part II



         The Harvey Weinstein story seems to be getting worse and worse.  
          I have to admit that when Gwyneth Paltrow came forward I had to stop for a minute.  I had always imagined her as the Princess of Hollywood because of her family connections and believed she was protected from this type of behavior.  Obviously, I was wrong and I feel really bad about that.  And it seems that almost every actress in Hollywood was harassed by this ugly troll of a man and the numbers keep climbing.  And though I am ecstatic that FINALLY this issue is getting taken seriously, I too, am surprised at the number of women coming forward and the number of men who are being accused. 
          Because I've worked for assholes like Harvey Weinstein, those walking, talking assholes who tear through your life like a Tasmanian Devil wreaking pain and havoc on everyone they come in contact with.  Their unreasonable temper tantrums, their physical and verbal abuse.  The yelling, screaming, condescending, threatening, narcissistic assholes in positions of power (are you reading this Henry Sanchez, Esq., you dick) YEAH.  I NAMED HIM.  Those who could determine your fate in the workplace and make your life miserable or leave you jobless .... and NOTHING ever happens to them.  EVER.  They fire you, and keep the asshole.  I surely hope that the Weinstein story will put an end, FINALLY, to this type of behavior.  Not only sexual harassment, but also bullying of women. 
          I have countless stories of being harassed by men I have worked with.  But one in particular I will share.  In the 1980's I was employed at a big law firm.  I had one lunch date with an attorney I worked with.  ONE innocent lunch gave him the idea that it was OK to cop a feel of my ass as he got off the elevator in front of three of my co-workers.  I could not believe what he did!  The four of us stood there with our mouths open.  I was in shock for a minute ... then I got pissed.  I walked to his office to confront him and this asshole had the nerve to yell at me!  "Get the fuck out of my office!"  I remember telling him "this isn't over."  I went to the managing partner of the firm and told him, and after being grilled about the extent of "our relationship," had I ever seen him outside the office AT NIGHT, what was I wearing at the time, etc., et al. (basically, trying to find out if it was MY fault he felt he could put his hands on me) he said he'd talk to him.  Guess what happened?  NOTHING.   
          This has been the M.O. of abusers and what it was like being a victim of sexual harassment, verbal harassment, bullying etc., et al.  NOTHING happens to the asshole.  Why?  Because hes IMPORTANT, he makes LOTS OF MONEY, he has a lot of CLOUT and POWER and you're just a drone. 
          Harvey Weinstein has changed all that.  Why?  Because miraculously, the Universe decided to line up and call out this asshole for what he is . A sexual deviant who preys on women. 
          Kevin Spacey, Louie C.K., James Toback, Brett Ratner, James Woods, Roy Moore, Charlie Rose, Matt Lauer and probably a hundred more by the time I post this.  And do not forget that our president has also been accused of groping, grabbing, and basically acting like a lecherous pig as well.   
          What does this tell us?  Ill tell you what it tells us WOMEN NEED TO RUN THE WORLD.  This is no joke.  Men who have lots of power cannot seem to control themselves.  A woman would NEVER jump out of an office naked in front of a stranger and ask if it's okay if she masturbates.  A woman would never put her hands on a man's ass or in his pants.  EVER. 

 


          This beautiful Latina, Maria Contreras-Sweet, has put in a $275 million dollar bid to purchase the Weinstein Company and make it all female!  Yes!  Female Centric Leadership!  I tell you it is the year of the woman.  God Bless you Maria!
           I would like to say something about all the good men out there.
  And there are plenty!  I work with a lot of them, real gentleman who are respectful, kind and generous.  I feel very bad that they may be getting lumped in with all the disrespectful, narcissistic pervs out there.  It isn't fair.  But, .... let's face it, this outing of mean, perverted men is long overdue and I for one am ecstatic. 
          HERE'S TO THE FUTURE!


























































































































































 


1 comment:

  1. "What was I wearing at the time."
    Cuz everybody knows if a woman, or a man, too, wears something tight, or sexy or revealing, it's really just a sign saying, "Grope me."

    I have said FOR YEARS that women should run the world because rich white men have been doing it for centuries and fucking it up. And now, with everyone and their brother, being outed as a groper, pedophile, predator, or rapist, I have one more reason to vote for women.

    ReplyDelete

GO ON, TELL ME WHAT YOU REALLY THINK ...

IT'S OSCAR NIGHT!!!

  Hollywood's big night has arrived!  I've seen a few of the nominated movies.  Barbie - don't know why it was nominated; Americ...