Tuesday, August 15, 2017

THINGS THAT BUG THE SHIT OUTTA ME...



 
Sheryl Sandberg … Facebook’s CEO who is worth a billion dollars has decided to write a book to tell us all “how to grieve.” 

Sheryl lost her husband suddenly while on vacation two years ago leaving her a widow with two small children.  Now I’m not completely heartless and my heart does go out to her, however, I am really tired of very privileged people who have a life experience that people have every day decide to write a book and tell us all how to do it better, more effectively, blah blah blah.  I find it so fucking pretentious.  

She has the money, the fame, the contacts and resources to write a book and get it published.  Personally, I feel the world needs to know of my love affair in my head with Viggo Mortensen.  Who is going to publish my book? 
Plus … she already has a new boyfriend.  Yeah.  And he’s worth $4 billion dollars.  If I had lost my husband two years ago leaving me with two little kids to raise alone I’d still be curled up in a ball crying every day.  

Anyway, it just bugs the crap out of me.  It’s like everyone in Hollywood at least once a week comes forward with a deep, dark secret.  Some actress comes clean about her “battle with Anorexia or Bulimia, or addiction to opiates, or being bi-polar, or having irritable bowel syndrome.  No one cares anymore.  The day of being viewed as brave and courageous is long gone. You know why?  Because everyone is fucked up … and the fact that you’re a movie star doesn’t make it more interesting.  

There isn’t anything you can tell me that I haven’t already learned ALL BY MYSELF.  People are different.  There is no right way, better way, smarter way to grieve.  A loved one dies, we lose our minds, we cry spontaneously in the middle of Rite-Aid for no reason, we miss them till our hearts ache and the finality of never seeing them again is painful beyond painful until it gets easier.  And it does get easier.  

Sheryl Sandberg doesn’t have the ANSWER.  She just wants to tell her story and make a gazillion fucking dollars at the same time.  OK … maybe she does want to help people.  But I still find it incredibly pretentious.


THANK YOU.




3 comments:

  1. RAMEN GIRL! I got my own life to live; I don't care about this bitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone grieves in their own way and no one, NO ONE, should tell anyone how to do it.

    ReplyDelete

GO ON, TELL ME WHAT YOU REALLY THINK ...

SHORT AND SWEET .. THE WHITE HOUSE DINNER and other current events ...

  Jeff Bezos and Lauren Sanchez at White House dinner.     Hun, this tacky rag might work at the Golden Globes (and even then it would be co...