Monday, January 2, 2017

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM DANNYLAND ...

So, we have dinner plans at 9 pm. Friends arriving at 7pm for champagne and snacks and a little conversation before we leave to the restaurant.  At 3:30 pm, Danny decides he is going to make chicken soup.  Not from-a-can-chicken soup, but taking-a-whole-chicken-and-putting-in-the-crock-pot chicken soup.  Now ... those of you of the female persuasion who are reading this blog post know how FUCKING STUPID this is.  One does not take on cooking project like this when one is (a) leaving for the evening and (2) IT'S NEW YEARS EVE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD JEEZ!  

So, he gets the chicken, puts in in the pot with water filled literally to the brim of the crock pot.  THIS IS ALREADY GOING WRONG.  But I let him continue.  He threw in an onion and sets it on low.  I did have the presence of mind to ask him if he removed the innards, he did.  Shock of Shocks and Thank You God.  

He left this thing cooking for approximately ninety five hours.  The day after when he decided he wanted to actually eat this mess, he threw in some frozen broccoli and some rice.  UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Stubbornly, he serves himself a bowl and raves about his chicken soup.  "Want some?" he asks me excitedly.  "NO" I say.  I'm not eating that.

Fast forward to 8:30 pm New Years evening.

Danny:  "I'm gonna trash that soup."

Debbie:  "WHY?"

Danny:  "I didn't like it."

And to all of you I say ...

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND WELCOME TO DANNYLAND 2017 


2 comments:

GO ON, TELL ME WHAT YOU REALLY THINK ...

IT'S OSCAR NIGHT!!!

  Hollywood's big night has arrived!  I've seen a few of the nominated movies.  Barbie - don't know why it was nominated; Americ...