Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ho Hum ... just a little post

I haven't posted in quite a while ... I haven't had anything to complain about and I haven't been struck by anything worth blogging about. Is this what they call "writer's block"? Part of my inability to blog is a combination of trying to take care of some business ... like (a) finding a job and (b) practicing delayed gratification. Do what I need to do first, then do what I love to do second. Unfortunately, between this and that ... I seem to have dried up. I have no stories to tell.

I do miss my boyfriend and am very sad he wasn't nominated for an Oscar this year. It doesn't appear that he will be doing any movies in the near future and this makes me very sad ... a Viggo movie always gives me so much to look forward to. Whatever shall I do? Should I find a new crush? There are a few fellas I would seriously consider stalking ... but I would feel as though I was being unfaithful to Viggo ...

I've also run out of steam regarding the Housewives. They are much too vapid for words. I doubt that I'll be writing too much about them in the near future unless somebody kills somebody or something serious like that.

So, I had a birthday. I turned FIFTY THREE years old on February 8. On February 12, I got my period. Un-flipping-believable!!! I thought for sure that 2010 would be the end of my reproductive years ...YOU'D think? I was a late bloomer so I guess I'll be a late finisher. Whatever. I have the hot flashes, the night sweats, every other symptom of menopause except THE PAUSE. Which makes middle-age all the more delightful. I saw Suzanne Somers on Larry King one night. She's a huge advocate of natural remedies, vitamins and stuff like that. She's in her sixties and she is taking supplements that make her continue to menstruate. She says that for her, these are the sexiest years ever. Suzanne ... you need to talk to some real women. No rational, normal woman in her 50's, let alone her 60's, wants to get a period. It doesn't matter how SEXY you feel. MOVIE STARS. Always telling us what the eff to do. UGH.

And that's all I have to say about that.

6 comments:

  1. Yeah. That menstruating is the most sexy thing to come down the pike . . .

    Whatta load!

    Oh, and just so you don't feel all alone -- you and I, apparently, share that particular genetic propensity; I recently had bloodwork done, and my doc said: "Wow! Be careful - you have the ovaries of a 37 year old woman!"

    Great. I don't have that gal's skin texture, but I got her . . . ovaries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say, Deb? Your ovaries are little powerhouses functioning away, producing ovums and hormones like little Oompa Loompas.. :)
    Sister-Friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry Comadre. I was fortunate enough to have to have a hysterectomy in 2000. Don't regret a day of it. At the time I thought it was terrible but 10 years later, yeehaw!

    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really? 53 and still having a dot as my hubby calls it? Try 54 with a dot...then we'll talk.
    No hot flashes or stereotypical symptoms...just very emotional. But GAWD...when does it end? Maybe cuz I started later(14) it'll end later.
    But here's my motto..."Better living through Chemistry"

    bun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suzanne must be nuts!! Why does she still want to have a period!!!???? One day mine just stopped and never came back!!! Yea!! I have not miss IT one bit...I am trying to remember how old I was....52 I think

    ReplyDelete

GO ON, TELL ME WHAT YOU REALLY THINK ...

IT'S OSCAR NIGHT!!!

  Hollywood's big night has arrived!  I've seen a few of the nominated movies.  Barbie - don't know why it was nominated; Americ...